Your print account
- Where can you print?
- Wireless printing
- How much does it cost?
- How to top up your print account
- Printing at UEL for students studying in Stratford
All Birkbeck students get a print account, which they can use to print from computers while in Birkbeck, central London.
You can access printers in all of our computer workstation rooms in Birkbeck, central London. You will only be able to print from your print account.
You will usually be automatically connected to the nearest printer when you log in, but should check before you send a file to be printed.
Full instructions are available on the EveryonePrint portal page.
Printing at Birkbeck costs 5p per sheet, whether you print on one side or both.
You can top up your Birkbeck, central London print account by:
- using cash in the print account recharging machine outside the My Birkbeck helpdesk
- paying by cash or cheque at the ITS service desk
- using your credit or debit card via our online system: you will need to top up with a minimum of £5.00 (your print credit will normally be available for use within 15 minutes of the card transaction being successfully completed).
Problems using older web browsers: if you are using an older Web browser (such as Internet Explorer 5.0 or earlier) you may receive an error message when accessing the secure site stating that our digital server certificate should not be trusted. This is not actually the case! It is a known problem that can be overcome either by installing a newer version of your browser or by downloading the new VeriSign root certificate from here.
If, after successfully purchasing print credit, you decide that you wish to cancel the transaction, you have a right to do so, as long as you email the ITS service desk within seven working days of the transaction date and as long as no part of the credit purchased has been spent.
Partial refunds cannot be given.
If you are studying in Stratford, you will also get access to additional printing facilities at the University of East London.