Undergraduate financial support
With no upfront fees for most undergraduate students and fantastic financial support packages, there's never been a better time to study at Birkbeck.
Want to talk to someone?
Our Student Advice Service is here to help you - if you have any questions about financial support, or if you would like some advice on payment options, please contact us.
Government student loans
- For most undergraduate students, there are no upfront fees as you can access .
- On top of a fees loan, full-time undergraduate students can access government maintenance loans.
Birkbeck financial support for students on low incomes
- : You may be eligible for the Birkbeck cash bursary scheme to assist with the costs of study, such as purchasing books, printing and travelling to lectures.
- : these financial awards are for students who need additional help with their course and/or living costs (e.g. essential books, photocopying).
- : if you need help covering the costs of childcare, you may be eligible for support from the Government and/or from Birkbeck, depending on your mode of study and personal circumstances.
- : Thanks to the generosity of Birkbeck donors, we offer a range of bursaries designed to offer financial support for our students. Most of them are available to current students only; however, some of them are also available to prospective students. To find out more about these bursaries, please contact the Student Advice service.
- : The College Hardship Fund is used to support students who need additional financial support due to an unforeseen change of circumstance in their personal situation while they are studying, such as redundancy, illness or domestic problems. Please note: you can only apply to this fund once you have started studying - you cannot apply to it before you start at Birkbeck.
10% discount for union members
- If you are a member of a union that is recognised by the claim 10% off (certificates, undergraduate and postgraduate). , you can