Financial support for childcare
If you need help covering the costs of childcare, you may be eligible for support from the government and/or from Birkbeck, depending on your mode of study and personal circumstances.
- You may be eligible for the Childcare Grant from Student Finance England (details of eligibility).
- You will need to use an Ofsted-registered childcare provider and they too will need to sign the application form confirming the childcare costs.
- You will also need to provide evidence of your income (P60) and a recent child benefit letter.
- If you are a part-time undergraduate or a full-time or part-time postgraduate student, you may be eligible to receive financial support for childcare from Birkbeck.
- This support is offered to Home/EU single parents in receipt of child benefit, with an annual household income of less than £28,065.
- Please contact the for further information and an application form.
- Deadline for applications: 27 May 2017.