Skip to main content

Visa information

These pages tell you everything you need to know about visas, including information on the Tier 4 (General) student visa, which is essential for international students who intend to study full-time at Birkbeck. You can also find information here about short-term visas and family visas. 

Need advice or help?

Please contact us for more help.

Watch this video explaining the visa process and the support we offer.

View our up-to-date information regarding the post-study work visa. 

Full-time Tier 4 (General) student visa

If you are an international student from outside the UK or EEA or Switzerland, you will have to apply for a Tier 4 (General) Student visa to pursue a full-time programme of study.

Other visa information