University of London Halls of Residence
The University of London has eight halls of residence – known as Intercollegiate Halls – which are shared between the University's Colleges and Institutes.
Accommodation within the halls ranges from single student rooms to family flats. They are all situated in Central London, close to the College campuses, and offer a positive setting for student life.
You will find more information about the Intercollegiate Halls, including the location, facilities and prices of each hall on the Intercollegiate Halls website .
Am I eligible to apply?
- Birkbeck has a quota of rooms available within Intercollegiate Halls. As demand usually exceeds supply, priority is given to overseas students studying on full-time postgraduate and MPhil/PhD programmes.
- The following students are eligible to apply for Intercollegiate Halls:
- Full-time students only.
- You must hold a conditional offer or an unconditional offer for a course at Birkbeck for the 2013/14 academic year at the time of application.
- You must hold an unconditional offer at the time of selection (July 2013). If your offer changes to unconditional before the accommodation application deadline, please inform the International Office.
- A full list of application criteria can be found in the 'Notes' section of the application form.
Deadline for applications
The deadline for applications for the Intercollegiate Halls of Residence for the 2012-13 academic year will be Sunday 14 July 2013. To apply you should complete a form, which can be found in 'how to apply.' Late applicants should read the details about how to join the waiting list.
- Applications for the 2013-14 academic year will open in May 2013.
How to apply
- To apply for a room in Intercollegiate Halls for the 2013/14 academic year you should complete an application form.
Download application form (Word doc)
What happens after I apply?
- If your application is successful, you will be informed by email shortly after the application deadline. You must accept the offer within five working days; otherwise, it will be assumed that the offer has been declined.
- If your application is unsuccessful or late, it will be placed on a waiting list. The waiting list will stay open until the end of August. If a suitable room becomes available within Birkbeck's quota you will be contacted.
Joining the waiting list
- University of London Intercollegiate Halls will open a centralised waiting list in early September so that late or unsuccessful applicants will have the opportunity to apply for any spare rooms not allocated by the colleges.
- Further information about the centralised waiting list will be made available on the Intercollegiate Halls website at the end of August/start of September 2013.
For more information about Intercollegiate Halls, please contact the International Office (firstname.lastname@example.org).