Accommodation for part-time students

Most halls of residence cater to full-time students only. Accommodation options usually most popular with part-time students are renting on the private sector, flat-share or homestay (staying with a family).

Halls of residence

University of London's Housing Services (ULHS) - Help with private accommodation

  • As a Birkbeck student, you can benefit from the ULHS legal advice and contract check services, and access their housing database and their student flatsharing message board.
  • The ULHS also provides information on the right to rent check implemented since 1 February 2016.
  • ULHS is located in Student Central, on Malet street, next to Birkbeck main building.


  • Living with a host family via Homestay can be a very practical option, particularly if you are a student new to London and are looking to improve your English language skills.