We offer a range of services and information to help you while you're at Birkbeck. If you want to talk to someone, or get face-to-face advice, please contact our .
Enrolment and registration
- Enrolling on a short course(pdf)
- Undergraduate, postgraduate or MPhil/PhD degree enrolment
- New student registration
- Contact details
Get Ahead Summer Programmes
- A series of free workshops in June each year to help you prepare and get ready for your course at Birkbeck.
- Get Ahead Undergraduate Summer Programme
- Get Ahead Postgraduate Summer Programme
- Orientation events are designed to introduce you to the College and help you get the most out your studies.
- Get Ahead: Stay Ahead - information and interactive tutorials to help you get the best possible start to your course and support during your studies.
- Whether it's academic support, careers support or financial support, Birkbeck offers a range of student support services.
- Your student card
- Your student records
- Proof of student status
- Studying in Stratford
- Transport for London discount
- Your username and password
- Your print account
- Your computer account
- Your email
- Student feedback
Examinations and assessment
- Accredited Prior Learning (APL)
- Assessment by level
- Coursework: essays, fieldwork projects, presentations
- Types of Coursework
- Exams procedures and information
- MPhil / PhD dissertations
- Plagiarism and other assessment offences
- Marking criteria
- When and how do I get my results?
- Learning support for exams and assessment
- Re-entering coursework for assessment
- Mitigating circumstances
- Intercollegiate module procedures
- Registry contact details