Located in the university district of central London, Birkbeck offers access to a wealth of world-class research resources, including:
- Research training and support
- Birkbeck Library: our library facilities and services are specifically designed to meet your needs as a postgraduate student.
- British Library: as a Birkbeck postgraduate student, you will be eligible for a reader’s pass to the world-famous British Library.
- University of London library: you will be able to join University of London Library, one of the UK’s major academic libraries.
- Libraries in the Bloomsbury area: there are many excellent libraries within easy reach of Birkbeck.
- Other London libraries: as a student in London, you will find almost no limit to the libraries you can access.
- Research centres: Birkbeck has established a range of centres of research excellence.
- School resources: each School organises seminars, lecture series and other research-related activities for its postgraduate students.
- University of London institutes: most of the other nearby institutes run graduate and other research seminars that Birkbeck students are generally welcome to attend.
We are located a few minutes’ walk from the British Museum and near many other specialist centres of research, including the Wellcome Institute for the History of Medicine, the City of London Record Offices and the Institute of Commonwealth Studies.
Find out more about our other student services.