Information for international students
Birkbeck is home to a growing community of students from across the globe. We welcome applications from eligible international students.
What can I study?
- Full-time University of London LLB: offered by evening study, successful completion of this three-year full-time University of London LLB qualifies you to go on and pursue vocational training (LPC/BVC).
- LLM/MA Criminal Law and Criminal Justice: designed for students with some background knowledge in criminal law or criminal justice who are interested in exploring and developing new critical perspectives on major contemporary national and international debates
- LLM/MA Human Rights: designed for students with some background knowledge in human rights who are interested in exploring the major contemporary debates in the area from a critical perspective
- LLM International Economic Law, Justice and Development: unique programme, training you in the critical examination of the law, institutions and practice that constitute global and local economies
- MRes/Postgraduate Diploma Law: gives you the opportunity to develop your research ideas at an advanced level while enjoying the support of a taught programme
- University of London MPhil or PhD in Law: you can pursue your research either part-time or full-time
Funding your studies
- Research students: we support suitable international PhD applicants in applying for a range of scholarship schemes. Read more about research funding.
- Master's students: read about funding and scholarships for Master's study.
- International students at Birkbeck are prioritised for University of London accommodation. Read more about Birkbeck's accommodation options for international students.
- Our full-time Master's, MPhil and PhD students are eligible for accommodation in one of the various intercollegiate halls of residence situated throughout the London area. Some of these offer accommodation for married couples and families.
London Semester Programme
- The Birkbeck London Semester Programme offers an opportunity for international students to study at Birkbeck for one semester during their degree.
- The Programme offers an exciting range of modules across the humanities and social sciences.
- The college is in the heart of the Bloomsbury district of London which is a great base for exploring the city. Find out more about the London Semester Programme.
Use the map below to view entry requirements, events and key contacts for your country:
Can't find your country here? We still welcome your interest and would encourage you to look at the following pages: