Enthusiastic students wanted for Team Birkbeck
We are looking to hire passionate, enthusiastic and dedicated individuals who represent Birkbeck as part of Team Birkbeck.
Are you a current student? Recruitment for Team Birkbeck students is now open. Apply here.
What does the job entail?
- Team Birkbeck students have the opportunity to get involved with a wide range of activities:
- Assisting with College events such as Open Evenings, UCAS Conventions, Postgraduate Fairs, Partner and Agent Fairs, Graduations and Offer Days – duties include welcoming visitors, answering prospective student enquiries.
- Delivering campus tours to prospective students, donors and high-profile individuals
- Supporting outreach activities by visiting schools and colleges – facilitating workshops and delivering presentations
- Helping to deliver on-campus taster sessions for school visits to Birkbeck
Who is eligible?
- Current Birkbeck undergraduate or postgraduate students (Home, EU and international), who are:
- willing to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
- enthusiastic about Birkbeck’s mission and the benefits of evening study
- excellent customer service skills
- able to communicate, both written and orally, with a diverse range of people
- reliable and excellent time management
- welcoming, approachable and polite at all times
- Team Birkbeck Students are paid £9.88 per hour.
- Opportunity to make a positive contribution to Birkbeck whilst enhancing your CV.
- Develop excellent transferable skills for future career, including communication skills, team work practice, independent thinking and self-confidence.
- Meet staff from across the College.
- Flexible working hours.
- Become a part of a group of like-minded students.
- Apply now: We are looking for confident and dedicated current students to join Team Birkbeck.
- You will need to complete the application form by Sunday, 13 September 2015 (including submitting your CV) for your application to be considered.
- You must be able to attend a selection day on either Tuesday, 29 September 2015 or Wednesday, 30 September 2015. The session will last approximately 2.5 hours.
- You must also be able to attend a training day on Saturday, 10 October 2015. This session will last the whole day and failure to attend will result in the termination of your contract.