Website terms and conditions
Birkbeck College, University of London (‘Birkbeck’) is a college of higher education situated in central London (WC1), England. The term Birkbeck shall include, without limitation, its faculties, schools, research centres and administrative departments.
By accessing this website you accept and agree to the following terms and conditions:
Copyright and Trade Marks
- All content and material on this website (‘Content’), including any Birkbeck or other trade marks, brands and logos, is protected by copyright and other intellectual property rights (including database rights) throughout the world and is owned by Birkbeck or its licensors.
- None of the content, whether permission is granted for downloading and/or distribution or otherwise, may be used for or in connection with any commercial purpose. You are permitted to download and store on a temporary basis any of the Content provided this is solely to view such Content. You shall not permanently copy, store or disseminate any of the Content except for Content specifically made available for download and identified as such, provided always that the source of such Content is properly attributed. The access, downloading and/or use by any person of anything available from this website is entirely at the user's own risk.
- Where individual authors are credited, each asserts his or her moral right to be identified as the author of that material.
- The marks 'Birkbeck'® and ‘Birkbeck College’® are the registered trade marks of Birkbeck, University of London, and may not be used without the prior written permission of Birkbeck.
- For copyright and trademark enquiries please contact: The Librarian, Birkbeck College, University of London, Malet Street, Bloomsbury, London WC1E 7HX
tel: (+44) (0) 20 7631 6000
fax: (+44) (0) 20 7631 6270
- Birkbeck will only use any personal data collected during your use of this website in accordance with our Data Protection Statement, subject always to current UK data protection legislation.
- Download Data Protection Code of Practice.
- Birkbeck has compiled and maintains this website and it accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage of whatever nature arising in any way out of the use of, or inability to access or use this website or from any error or omission with regard information contained on this website. While every care is taken to ensure that the information displayed on this website is correct, no warranty or representation is given as to its accuracy, fitness for purpose, usefulness or completeness. We recommend and require that users contact the persons who are named at the relevant parts of the website for further information about particular matters before relying on them.
- Birkbeck reserves the sole right to alter, suspend or discontinue at any time any aspect of this website or the services provided through it, including access to it.
- Any views expressed on the website (in messages or otherwise) are not necessarily those of Birkbeck or anyone connected with it.
- Any links to other websites provided by this website have been included for convenience only and Birkbeck accepts no responsibility nor liability for the contents of, or any loss or damage caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use or reliance on the content of any linked website. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Birkbeck of any linked website or its provider.
- Birkbeck may alter these terms and conditions from time to time and post the new versions on this website, following which all use of this website will be governed by that new version.
- If any provision of these terms shall become or be declared illegal, invalid or unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be divisible and shall be deemed deleted from these terms. English law governs these terms and your use of this website and you submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- The host server for this website is located in [London], England.
© Birkbeck College, University of London, 2004