Department of Applied Linguistics and Communication
Part of the School of Social Sciences, History and Philosophy, we were the first department established in England to focus on applied linguistics, and we remain at the cutting-edge of the field.
We offer an exciting, innovative range of courses, including:
- Applied linguistics
- Linguistics and culture/language
- Bilingualism and multilingualism
- Intercultural communication
- Language teaching/TESOL
- International field leadership
- Academic English and language development
- Higher Education Introductory Studies
- Education/Lifelong Learning
Click for sample lectures by members of Applied linguistics and Communication staff.