Information for employers
Birkbeck Talent is a professional recruitment service, adding value to your business by helping you recruit excellent Birkbeck students and graduates.
Birkbeck is different: we are London's only specialist provider of evening higher education, so many of our students are available for full-time work during the day.
We provide candidates for:
- immediate and future graduate positions
- senior roles aimed at experienced students
- entry-level roles for students
- placements and internships.
Whether you're a recruiter or manager interested in working together, or a student looking for more information, get in touch and we can help. Call us on +44 (0) 203 073 8100 or email.
Why use Birkbeck Talent?
- There are many benefits to recruiting our students:
- Get ahead of the competition and recruit our students before they become in-demand graduates.
- Attract the most talented graduates to your business by recruiting them before graduation. Because all of our courses are taught in the evening, you can employ our high-calibre students while they are studying.
- Use this valuable, time-effective recruitment solution: we offer a complete recruitment solution - finding and shortlisting students and graduates to meet your recruitment needs.
- Access this client- and candidate-focused service: we are university owned and operated, so our primary aim is to provide our students with an excellent service and to find the right candidates to fit your company.
- You can change lives: our students come from non-traditional backgrounds. Many are the first in their family to access higher education and many come from low-income households. Giving our students employment opportunities allow those with limited financial resources to successfully complete their degree.
Why recruit Birkbeck students and graduates?
- talented and knowledgeable. Birkbeck is a world-class research and teaching institution, and our graduates have the highest average graduate salary of any University in the UK
- highly motivated, professional and determined to succeed
- available for full-time work, as Birkbeck is London's only specialist provider of evening higher education
- in demand from organisations in every sector.
- equipped with up-to-date knowledge and workplace skills that will exceed your expectations. Most of our students have previous work experience and many transferable skills
- taken on by leading employers year after year.
What are our students like?
- 35% of our students are aged between 20 and 29.
- 62% of our students are over 30 years of age
- 42% of Birkbeck undergraduates are black and minority ethnic (BME) compared to 13% across the UK as a whole.
- 55% of Birkbeck full-time undergraduates are from households with income of less than £25k, compared to a national average of 41%.