Since 2001, Birkbeck’s Department of Psychological Sciences has enhanced its reputation as an internationally leading research institution in the fields of brain and cognitive development, cognitive neuroscience, cognitive modelling, and child, family and health psychology.
Internationally regarded research
- In the 2008 Research Assessment Exercise the Department was ranked 5th in the UK for its research quality.
- In 2006, researchers in our department were awarded the Queen's Anniversary Prize for Further and Higher Education.
- The Department of Psychological Sciences listed on the Thomson ISI in-cites website as a ‘Rising Star’ institution, reflecting the highest percentage increase in total citations in the fields of Psychology and Psychiatry world-wide.
Research centres and institutes
- Centre for Brain and Cognitive Development
- Institute for the Study of Children, Family and Social Issues
- Birkbeck-UCL Centre for Neuroimaging