We know that money is an important part of your decision about where to study, which is why we offer flexible payment plans without any hidden administrative costs.
Will I pay home or overseas fees?
- When you make an application to study with us, we will assess your fee status - ie whether you pay Home or Overseas fees - using UK government regulations.
- Your fee status will usually remain the same for the duration of your course.
Can I study part-time?
- Firstly, you need to check if your immigration status allows you to study part-time at Birkbeck.
- You can only pay the part-time Overseas fee rate if you are eligible to study part-time in the UK and you are applying for one of our part-time courses.
- London is an expensive place to live and study, but we think you will find that it's worth it.
- You will need sufficient funds to pay your tuition fees, plus at least £12,000-£13,000 to cover living costs for one calendar year. This should be enough to cover accommodation, food, local travel, and a modest social life.
- Read more about accommodation and living costs while studying at Birkbeck.
- You can use this free international student calculator to work out how to manage your money and build a budget for living and studying in the UK.
Paying by monthly instalments
- If you open a UK bank account, which allows for direct debit payments, you will be able to pay your tuition fees in monthly instalments.
- There are no additional credit charges or administrative fees if you pay this way.
Paying by three termly instalments
- If you do not have a UK bank account you may pay in full, or in three termly instalments by credit card (Visa/MasterCard) or by electronic transfer.
- There are no additional credit charges or administrative fees from Birkbeck, although you should check if your bank will charge you for using this service.