Careers support for current students
We provide comprehensive careers advice, events and information services for current students, both in person and online. Our support includes:
Workshops and events for current students
- Throughout the term we will be offering a variety of workshops and events for all of our students.
- As the only college dedicated to evening study, we appreciate a greater degree of flexibility is required when organising the workshops. We endeavour to have a mix of events and workshops that cater to your needs.
- Book your free event or workshop now.
Online careers and employability support service
- As a current Birkbeck student, you can access a wealth of rich content via our online careers and employability support service.
- The service is designed to update you on all information related to careers and employability and also to enable you to register for updates on resources, including: strategic career action plans, online CV builder, free webinars, interview simulator exercises and tests, works skills and e-learning, industry reports and downloadable PDFs.
Social media/Twitter hour
- During Tuesdays and Thursdays we have Twitter Hour from 10am-11am. Please tweet in your questions, relating to careers and employability using the #BirkbeckCareersQandA or sending a direct message to @BirkbeckCareers. We aim to respond within the hour, but please allow 24 hours for any replies.
Information on Scoop.it
- The Careers and Employability team source the internet for articles, opinion pieces and thought-provoking writing on careers and employability each day and bring it all together on our Scoop.it page.
- If you would like to speak to someone to help you identify information, actions and resources to help you further, you can book a 1:1 session with our employability consultant by emailing email@example.com or by speaking to our Employability Advisor in the Employability Space in the Birkbeck main building.
- The appointments last 30 minutes and take place Tuesdays and Thursdays between 1 and 4pm.
Students' Employability Space / Employability advisor
- We are located within the Student Centre in the Birkbeck main building. You can browse the resource available online, via our iPads, as well as print material within the area.
- Our Employability Advisor is also available for quick queries within the area. This can include having your CV reviewed for specific roles you may be applying for or to get advice on upcoming interviews. We hope to see you there.