The support we receive from alumni, friends, charitable trusts and corporate sponsorship remains vital in giving students the opportunity to undertake life-changing courses at Birkbeck.
- Fundraising priorities
- Birkbeck Alumni Fund - find out how you can apply to join our Telephone Fundraising team
- Master's Circle
Making a donation
If you are considering making a gift, but would like to discuss your donation options with a member of staff before you do, or you wish to make a donation in person, feel free to make an appointment with a member of the Development and Alumni team.
Donate by direct debit
- Donating through a direct debit is a convenient, quick and efficient way to regularly support Birkbeck. Whether you choose to donate monthly, quarterly or annually, your regular support allows the College to plan for the future.
- Set up a new direct debit
- You can set up a new direct debit online using this link:
- You can download a donation form and return it to the Development and Alumni Office.
- Please make sure to include the amount, frequency and the date you wish your direct debit to start.
- Amend or increase your direct debit
- To amend an existing direct debit, or increase your contribution, please contact us.
- Otherwise, please download a donation form, fill in the relevant changes and return it to the Development and Alumni Office.
- You can enhance the value of your gift in two ways:
- Increase how often you give: you can choose to make contributions on a monthly, weekly or annual basis
- Increase the amount of your gift.
Donate online, using your credit / debit card
- You can make a single donation using your debit or credit card.
Donate by post
- Post: We accept cheques, charity vouchers and postal orders. Simply send your donation to the Development and Alumni Office, and we will write back to confirm the receipt. Remember to make all cheques payable to ‘Birkbeck College’.
Donate by phone
- If you would like to discuss your donation with us, or make a donation via phone, please contact us.
Gifts from the United States
- Birkbeck is registered with the British Schools and Universities Foundation, a US-based education foundation with 501(c)(3) tax exempt status. This means alumni and friends of Birkbeck living in the United States are able to benefit from the same tax deductions on their charitable donations as they would if they gave to a United States based university or charity.
- To make a donation to Birkbeck:
- Download a Donor Transmittal form.
- Complete the Donor Transmittal form, ensuring that you make a preference for Birkbeck, University of London on the form.
- Make your cheque out to the British Schools and Universities Foundation.
- Send the Donor Transmittal form and your cheque donation to our US alumni representative:
- Birkbeck College Alumni Fund, c/o Mr Jesse T Cantrill, PO Box 30633, Bethesda, MD 20824
- Our representative will forward on your donation and cheque to the British Schools and Universities Foundation.
- The British Schools and Universities Foundation will provide you with a receipt which you can use for your tax return.
Gifts from other countries
- If you live in another country, you are still able to .