Every year donations to Birkbeck make a real difference in enabling talented students to benefit from exceptional teaching and world class facilities. They also help Birkbeck retain its reputation for the highest quality academic research.
- 40% of Birkbeck students require some form of financial assistance. Birkbeck is committed to giving lower-income and non-traditional students the opportunity to study. Donations to undergraduate student support fund non-repayable cash bursaries of £1,000 for students with a household income of less than £25,000. Our bursary recipients tell us that this support - often used for books, travel or child-care - is usually the difference between being able to study and not.
- Birkbeck offers various programmes to support students through the challenges of balancing work, domestic life and study. Generous donations help make such work possible and enable students to continue their studies.
World class research
- Our academics conduct the highest quality research which is pushing the boundaries of the world's knowledge. Birkbeck is ranked in the top 1% of universities in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings and over 90% of our academics are research-active.
- Funding of merit-based Scholarships has enabled the College to consolidate its impressive position as one of the five biggest providers of Masters programmes for home/EU students in the UK.
- From cutting-edge microscopes to our IT suites, it takes significant investment to maintain the highest quality facilities and environment for students.
- In October 2013 we opened a new campus in the heart of Stratford, East London, where higher education participation rates per capita are the lowest in the UK. The £33 million building and Birkbeck’s unique teaching model will encourage access and progression to higher education for people in east London. The new campus features a 300-seat lecture theatre, a specialist education advice and guidance hub, a multi-functional learning centre and dance and performance arts spaces. Generous contributions have helped make this possible.
- The aim of the Alumni Fund is to encourage Birkbeck alumni and friends to make an immediate impact on the life of the College, by funding areas that will benefit current and future generations of students and make Birkbeck an even better place to study. To find out more about the Alumni Fund click here.
If you would like to find out the ways that you can donate to Birkbeck, please click here.