Disability and dyslexia support
At Birkbeck we welcome students with disabilities. Our commitment is to help you meet the challenges and seize the opportunities that study at Birkbeck presents. We aim to provide all of our students with a study environment that enables them to participate fully in our courses.
Who do we support?
The Disability and Dyslexia Service can provide advice and support to students with conditions that impact their ability to study, such as:
- Specific Learning Difficulties (Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, Dyscalculia, AD(H)D)
- sensory impairments (blind/partially sighted, d/Deaf/hearing impaired)
- mobility conditions (including RSI, arthritis, neck back and knee conditions etc.)
- medical conditions (e.g. HIV, CFS, diabetes, cancer, chest and respiratory conditions etc.)
- Autism Spectrum Conditions (Autism or Asperger’s Syndrome)