Directions for Birkbeck, central London
Wherever you live or work in London, you'll find it easy to get to us.
By public transport
- Central as we are, Birkbeck is surrounded by tube and mainline rail stations: we are close to Russell Square, Tottenham Court Road, King's Cross and Euston - check our interactive map.
- Many bus routes pass down nearby Gower Street or go via Russell Square. To plan your journey to Birkbeck using public transport, see the Transport for London Journey Planner.
On your bike
- An extensive network of cycle routes lead to Birkbeck, and there are ample cycle rack facilities around the Malet Street building including a number of lockable cycle bins.
In your car
- If you are planning your journey by car, please bear in mind congestion charges; our central London location also means that parking facilities are not only limited but may be expensive.
- View driving directions from your location to our main building in Malet Street.
From the airport(s)
- Those of you who are flying in to London Heathrow may wish to note that you can take the Underground (Piccadilly Line, East Bound) to King's Cross or Russell Square from where you can take a taxi to Birkbeck.
- For those flying in to Gatwick, we suggest you take the 'Gatwick Express' to Victoria Station, then take a taxi.
- Planning your initial journey on arrival will depend largely where you will stay in London. Useful web sites include: