Birkbeck Library > Other libraries > Information about using other libraries

Information about using other libraries

  • If the book or journal you need is not held in Birkbeck Library you can apply for an interlibrary loan
  • If you are looking for journals, don't forget to check Birkbeck Library's e-journals first
  • Try the Open Access Button to see if the item is freely available on the web
  • We recommend that you look at the web site of the library you want to use before you visit to check opening hours and arrangements for visitors
  • You will usually need to show your current Birkbeck ID card and sometimes proof of your home address when you visit another library
  • You may be asked to show more documentation to confirm your status (e.g. an enrolment certificate) as your end date and degree level are not shown on your Birkbeck ID card
  • Please note that reciprocal arrangements with other libraries may be limited to permanent academic staff and students on degree courses and do not necessarily include certificate and diploma or Extra Mural awards students, sessional or administrative staff