Printing and Photocopying
The photocopiers in the Library are also printers.
How do I - photocopy?
Photocopiers are available on level 1 of the Library. There are several black and white copiers and two colour copiers.
The photocopiers can make A4 and A3 copies and have reduction and enlargement facilities. They do copy double-sided and they are switched off 15 minutes before the Library closes.
Copies cost 5p for A4 (25p for colour) and 10p for A3 (50p for colour). Payment for photocopying is via your online account - see below. Visitors to the library should ask at the Library Help Desk for a visitor account to allow them to use the photocopiers.
How do I - print?
The photocopiers outside the Library's Seminar Room (black and white) and those in the room opposite the Reading Room Collection entrance (black and white and colour) can also be used as printers.
IT Services have purchased EveryonePrint which allows printing via a web browser using the following web address: http://wirelessprinting.birkbeck.ac.uk:7290
This allows users using Windows, Apple or Linux computers as well as mobile devices to upload documents and send them to our public printers. For more detials see the ITS page at: http://www.bbk.ac.uk/its/services/wam/wirelessprinting
It also allows the printing of attachments via email using: firstname.lastname@example.org . The first time you send an email to this address you will receive an email asking you to register your email address. Thereafter, an email with documents attached will send the documents to the print queue (users could then release them from the copiers when they get to Birkbeck for example).
Payment for printing is via your online account - see below.
Printing cost 5p for A4 (25p for colour) and 10p for A3 (50p for colour).
How do I - top up my online print/photocopy account?
- Top up via the machine located in the Library opposite the Seminar Room next to the photocopiers/printers
- or pay at the ITS Service Desk on the ground floor opposite the Issue Desk on the right (orange wall) as you exit the Library
- or by debit/credit card from the ITS web site
Why hasn't my work printed out?
This could be for various reasons, including:
- Not enough money on the account (place the cursor over the dollar sign at the bottom, right of the screen to check this).
- The work has been sent to another printer in the college. Go to file, print and check which printer the work was sent to.
- A problem with the printer (ask at the Help Desk on Level 1)