Ask your question via FASTRAQ (Fast Answers To Regularly Asked Questions)
We have created a knowledge base of all of the frequently asked questions we receive in the Library and will continue to add to this. So why not search for an answer to your query by entering a keyword or two to see the answer?
Still can't find your answer? Ask your question using our new email form:
Or use chat to (text) with staff 12noon weekday - during term time
How do I ...?
Frequently asked questions. Click on the headings below to see if your question is listed.
Join and use the Library?
Find and borrow Library materials?
- find books, journals and other material?
- renew Library books?
- request a book?
- order items from the store?
- obtain materials by post (LAMP)?
- find out what the Library has for my subject?
- find out if I owe library fines/pay my fines?
- suggest books for purchase?
- replace a lost library book?
Use other libraries and interlibrary loans?
Use the computers, photocopiers and printers?
- use the computers in the Library?
- use my laptop in the Library?
- how do I photocopy and print
- top up my print account?
Use online resources/BLE/VLE?
Get help with searching/citing/managing references?
- research a topic?
- cite my references correctly?
- use referencing software?
- contact my subject librarian?
Use the library from a mobile device?
- You can access the Library website via the Birkbeck mobile website
- Our VuFind catalogue is mobile friendly
- You can also print from mobile devices using wi-fi network in the Library
If your question is not listed in the drop down menus above, please call the Library help desk on 020 7631 6063 or email email@example.com