Get your year off to a good start
We offer a range of courses starting in January 2016 at all levels. Find out more about what we offer and apply now.
Discover our research: Multitasking and adolescents
Birkbeck's Department of Psychological Sciences has found that adolescents are less adept at multitasking than adults when combining social interaction with non-social tasks.
Look me in the eye?
New research into the development of infants with blind parents highlights adaptability of babies’ brains in learning to communicate.
Four forgotten medieval books
Professor Anthony Bale writes about the discovery that Birkbeck houses a small collection of not one but four medieval books (three manuscripts and one incunabulum).
Find a course
Birkbeck is a world-class research and teaching institution, a vibrant centre of academic excellence and London's only specialist provider of evening higher education.
Master of Birkbeck Professor David Latchman responds to Comprehensive Spending Review
Professor David Latchman, Master of Birkbeck, offers his thoughts on the Comprehensive Spending Review.
Adolescents are less adept at multitasking than adults, psychological study suggests
Multi-institutional study investigates effects of multitasking on social interactions
London Assembly Member Kemi Badenoch visits Birkbeck
Kemi Badenoch, who serves as a London-wide member of the London Assembly, visited Birkbeck this week, where she met with Master of the college Professor David Latchman.
Infants of blind parents pay less attention to eyes
Sighted infants of blind parents also exhibit advanced visual attention and memory skills, Birkbeck study finds
Birkbeck and the Bonnart Trust set up new PhD Scholarship scheme
A new postgraduate scholarship scheme has been agreed between the Pears Institute for the study of Antisemitism at Birkbeck and the Bonnart Trust.
- 28 November 2015 : Guilt and Spectatorship: Workshop (followed by BISR Guilt Screening)
- 28 November 2015 : BISR Guilt Screening
- 28 November 2015 : Off track? Alternative Media and Radical Failure Today
- 29 November 2015 : Blood - Uniting and Dividing
- 29 November 2015 : Birkbeck & The Guardian: Love and hate – the hidden dimensions of feelings
- 30 November 2015 : Birkbeck Food Group - Food, National Identity and Nationalism: From Everyday to Global Politics (Atsuko Ichijo & Ronald Ranta)