- Home page title and intro
Research Centre for Social Change and Transformation in Higher Education
The Research Centre for Social Change and Transformation in Higher Education aims:
- To bring together research in higher education already taking place across the College in order to make the research visible within and outside the College, to generate collaboration between those working on related issues and to facilitate research:
- To provide an intellectual node for academic colleagues, post-docs, visiting fellows and research students undertaking projects which are broadly concerned with social change and transformation in higher education; whilst many researchers might focus primarily on their departments for disciplinary support (eg in considering the politics of higher education, or the theoretical nature of language learning or the integration of new forms of cultural practice with higher education), there is no place within Birkbeck to meet others with higher educational research concerns:
- To enhance research on issues concerning social change and transformation in higher education;
- To showcase nationally and internationally the existing specialist research base and expertise informing policy, pedagogy and practice and, through a coordinated approach, to enhance national and internationally Birkbeck’s reputation for research on social change and transformation in higher education.