Recent and upcoming events
- Awarded (2016) an AHRC ‘10th Anniversary Cultural Engagement’ for ‘The Fallen Woman: Film, Archive, Afterlife’, a film relating to the recent exhibition that I curated at the Foundling Museum, London.
- Appointed a Member of English Heritage Blue Plaques Panel (2016- ).
- Summer 2015: I spoke as part of a panel on ‘Curating Feeling’, at ‘The Arts and Feeling in Nineteenth-Century Literature and Culture’, at Birkbeck, 17 - 18 July. This related to my work as curator on the exhibition ‘The Fallen Woman’ at The Foundling Museum.
- September 2015: 'Red Taffeta Under Brown Tweed': The Colour of Post-War Clothes’, at ‘The Look of Austerity’ conference, Museum of London, 11 - 12 September 2015.
- July 2015: ‘Thirty Thousand Colour Problems: Migration and Mobility in Post-War Britain’, at the International Conference of Historical Geographers, Royal Geographical Society, London, 6 - 10 July 2015.
- June 2015: ‘The Tiger in the Smoke: The Visual Aesthetics of the Environment c.1945-60’, at the European Society for Environmental History, University of Versailles, 30 June - 2 July 2015.
- May 2014: Keynote speaker at ‘Getting the Picture’ an international conference on press photography at the University of Southern California, Los Angeles. Paper will be on bomb ruins and British press photography 1945-55.