Skip to main content


We issue all graduating students with an official transcript, detailing the examinations and assessments you've taken and the results you achieved. We will send it to your home address as listed on My Birkbeck

How to get additional copies of your transcript 

  • If you need additional copies of your transcript (for example, if you are applying for further study at another university), you need to submit a Transcript Request via My Birkbeck and pay for each copy (you can pay by credit or debit card). Once we receive payment, we will process your request. 
  • The document will be stamped, signed, dated and, on request, may be sealed within an official envelope.

Ordering an interim transcript

  • If you are still enrolled on a programme and are awaiting further results (including your final dissertation marks), you may order an interim transcript. The transcript will state your expected end date, while any modules with marks pending will appear on the transcript with the marks absent. 
  • The procedure (and charge) is identical to all other transcripts. 

Electronic transcripts

  • Birkbeck can only provide an official electronic copy of your transcript directly to another University or Embassy, by way of scanning the paper copy. 
  • If you have graduated recently, you should still retain access to My Birkbeck, where you will be able to download a PDF document of your results. However, this is not an official confirmation of your results. 


  • We aim to process all requests within ten working days of receipt of payment, although you may need to allow extra time for requests made during the examination period (April-June). 
  • Transcripts of records prior to 1997 may take longer to produce, as information must be retrieved from paper archives. 

Confirmation of Award letters

  • You can request a Confirmation of Award letter when ordering a transcript. This will confirm that you hold the degree but will not have a breakdown of your module marks.