Skip to main content

Applying for a family visa for full-time Student visa holders

If you are coming to the UK to study full-time under a Student visa, you can usually bring certain members of your family if:

  • you are government-sponsored and your course is over six months long 
  • you are doing a postgraduate level course of nine months or longer. 

Check the UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA) guide for full details. (Please note: Birkbeck's visa service is usually for the Student visa holder. The guidance mentioned above will provide you with enough information to support your dependant visa application process.

Important: Students who would like to bring their family with them will be considered as the sponsor of their dependants and no particular documentation is required from the College for this process.