Subject-specific tutors and resources
Subject-specific learning development tutors and coordinators are there to provide study skills help to students in their own subject area.
If you are looking for help with a particular area of your academic studies or would like to improve your effectiveness as a student, you should first check your school or department’s Moodle page or webpage (see below). These have a wealth of online resources that you can use as an aid to your studies. If you are looking for face-to-face help, please check for upcoming workshops or contact the learning development team to ask about one-to-one sessions.
If you are unsure which School runs your course, check our schools and departments page.
School of Arts
- Fleur Rothschild (Learning Development Tutor)
- Email Fleur
- tel: +44 020 3073 8411
- Office: Room 210, School of Arts, 43 Gordon Square
- Contact Fleur for help with problems which are affecting your study performance. Fleur offers one-to-one meetings with undergraduates in the School of Arts.
- Liz Johnston Drew (Flexible Learning Tutor)
- Email Liz
- tel: +44 020 7631 6101
- Office: Room 230, School of Arts, 43 Gordon Square
- Contact Liz if you have already attended relevant lectures or seminars in Arts and Humanities but need more help with a topic specifically involving methods and skills for visual analysis.
- Browse the programme of workshops designed to enhance the study and academic English skills of all students (undergraduate and postgraduate) of the arts and humanities.
- Go to the School of Arts Study Skills module in Moodle
School of Business, Economics and Informatics
- Richard Carabine (Learning Development Tutor)
- Email Richard
- tel: 020 7631 6464
- Office: Room 715a, Malet Street Building
- Contact Richard if you are seeking guidance on planning, organising and writing your academic work.
- Eva Szatmari (Learning Co-ordinator)
- Email Eva
- tel: +44 (020) 7631 6254
- Office: Room 707, Malet Street Building
- Eva can help students in the School of BEI including the Department of Economics, Mathematics and Statistics, Computer Science and Information Systems, Management, and Organisational Psychology with problems in mathematics and statistics.
- Dan McVeagh (Graduate Teaching Assistant)
- Email Dan
- Dan can help students of economics, mathematics or statistics. He is available to support students two-and-a-half days a week.
- Andrew Silverman (English language)
- Email Andrew
- Contact Andrew for help if your first language is not English.
- BEI study skills Moodle page: you will find resources, links and workshop recordings to help you with: academic writing, referencing, giving a presentation, planning your revision, research and general study skills.
- School of BEI Study Skills in Mathematics Moodle page: you will find resources and links to help you with general and specific mathematics and statistics skills as well as video tutorials on using statistical packages such as SPSS, STATA or Excel.
School of Law
- Christina Delistathi (Senior Learning Development Tutor)
- Email Christina
- tel: +44 (020) 7631 6513
- Office: Room 202, 18 Gower Street
- Contact Christina for help to fulfil your learning objectives, including analysing essay questions and planning an essay, writing a literature review, and giving presentations.
- School of Law Learning Development Moodle page: you will be able to access a range of study resources such as slides from past workshops and other learning materials.
School of Social Sciences, History and Philosophy
- Rose Raymond (Learning Development Co-ordinator)
- Email Rose
- tel: 020 7631 6356
- Contact the Learning Development Coordinator if you are a student in the School of Social Sciences, History and Philosophy and you need help identifying which learning development resource is most suited to your needs.
Department of Earth and Planetary Sciences
- Steve Hirons (Learning Development Co-ordinator)
- Email Steve
- Steve can help students in the Department of Earth and Planetary Sciences with academic support to help you excel in your studies.
Department of Psychological Sciences
- Germaine Symons (Learning Development Tutor)
- Email Germaine
- tel: 020 7631 6736
- Claire Santorelli (Study Skills Co-ordinator)
- Email Claire
- tel: 020 7631 6734
- Office: Room 514, Malet Street Building
- Contact Germaine or Claire for one-to-one or group sessions to discuss any concerns you have regarding your studies, including academic (eg improving essay or report writing, time management, exam preparation), and pastoral issues (eg unexpected life or health events that affect your studies). They can also refer people with health issues, a disability, or
dyslexia to the appropriate student service.
- BSc Psychology Moodle module: this contains general information (eg handbooks, term dates, policies and procedures) and academic support resources (eg getting organised, essay writing, report writing, APA citing and referencing).