Research information for staff
If you need help with research funding, please contact us.
Academic information and publications
- Academic profiles on websites (see Communications for advice on web editing)
- Birkbeck experts' database
- BIROn: Birkbeck Institutional Research Online
External research funding for staff
- External research funders -
- Wellcome Trust / Birkbeck ISSF (Institutional Strategic Support Fund)
- Calculating your budget
- Guidance on writing applications
- How to apply for research funding (all applications need to go through this process)
- Advice on writing good research applications
- How to write a justification of resources
- pFACT – Birkbeck’s costing and approval system for research applications
- What to do if your application for research funding is successful
- Setting up new awards
- Account codes
- What research projects are we running?
Research information for early-career researchers
- Birkbeck is committed to supporting postdoctoral and early career fellowships, and is keen to consider eligible applications from suitable PhD students and early career researchers of post-doctoral standing, whether or not they have a current affiliation with the College.
- If you need help with any aspect of applying for a post-doctoral fellowship,please contact us.
- What is Intellectual Property?
- IP in research agreements
- Developing and exploiting IP
- Invention ownership guidance
- Birkbeck library
- Birkbeck Electronic library
- British library
- Other libraries
- University of London library access
Online research resources
Research definitions and policies
- Research policies
- Definition of research (HEFCE and HESA definitions)
- Research data management
- Research integrity and ethics