SSHP Ethics committee and procedures
All research that is carried out by Birkbeck staff and students that involves intervention or interaction with human participants, or the collection and / or study of data derived from living human participants, requires. This is so no matter where the investigations are carried out.
- Ethical conduct
- SSHP Ethics Committee
- Membership of the Committee
- Proposal Procedure
- Classification of proposed research: Routine of Non-routine?
- Possible outcomes of a proposal
- Other references
Members of the School of Social Sciences, History and Philosophy are strongly advised to familiarise themselves with, and observe, the code of conduct and ethical principles laid down by their relevant professional body, e.g.:
- British Sociological Association
- Social Research Association
- British Psychological Society
- British Sociological Society
- ESRC Guidelines