Psychosocial Studies currently comprises 17 academic staff members and over 30 Teaching and Scholarship Staff as well as a number of visiting professors, research associates, teaching assistants and administrative staff.
Our Head of Department is Dr Gail Lewis.
Research and teaching staff
- The permanent academic staff of the Department is made up of professors, readers, senior lecturers and lecturers specialising in a variety of areas across the wider field of psychosocial studies. All of our academic staff are actively engaged in research levels in their respective fields.
- Current academic staff:
- Dr Lisa Baraitser, Reader in Psychosocial Studies
- Professor Claire Callender, Professor of Higher Education Policy
- Professor Stephen Frosh, Professor of Psychology
- Dr Ben Gidley, Senior Lecturer in Psychosocial Studies
- Viviane Green, Senior Lecturer in Psychosocial Studies
- Dr Elizabeth Hoult, Lecturer in Psychosocial Studies
- Dr Amber Jacobs, Senior Lecturer in Psychosocial Studies
- Dr Gail Lewis, Reader in Psychosocial Studies
- Dr Brendan McGeever, Lecturer in the Sociology of Racialization and Antisemitism
- Dr Yasmeen Narayan, Lecturer in Postcolonial and Psychosocial Studies
- Dr Margarita Palacios, Senior Lecturer in Psychosocial Studies
- Professor Lynne Segal, Anniversary Professor of Psychology and Gender Studies
- Dr Irene Bruna Seu, Reader in Psychosocial Studies
- Dr Laurence Spurling, Senior Lecturer in Psychosocial Studies
Teaching and scholarship staff
- Teaching and scholarship staff are subject-area specialists and practitioners and recruited by the Department to work as associate lecturers and tutors on our taught programmes. Teaching and scholarships staff bring an impressive breadth of expertise and experience as well as a passion for their subject to their teaching, creating a more dynamic learning experience for our students.
- A full list of the Department's fifty teaching and scholarship staff may can be found on our teaching and scholarship staff page.
- The Department hosts associate researchers working on various funded research projects, both independently and in conjunction with permanent academic staff.
- Current research staff:
- The Department hosts a number of visiting academics and researchers from other institutions.
- Current visiting staff:
Professional and support staff
- Administrative staff are responsible for the day-to-day business of the Department, including course enquiries, financial administration, student record management, room bookings and liaision with the College's professional services.
- Current administrative staff:
- Sharon Durno, Assistant School Manager
- Paula Fortune, Team Leader
- Conor Byworth, Administrator
- Fatima Hanif, Adminstrator
- Andrea Kezer, Administrator
- Andrew Silverman, Administrator
- Nipa Uddin, Temporary Support Administator
- For details about administrative duties and contact information, please see our administrative staff page.