Applying online is the quickest way to provide us with all the information our admissions staff need in order to consider your application.
Before you apply
- Before you proceed to the application form, please make sure you have read our advice on what to do before you apply.
- In order for us to start assessing your application, it is essential that you complete all mandatory fields in the online application form and upload all the required supporting documents.
- You will find notes and instructions throughout the online form to help you complete the process.
- You can save and return to your application at any time before you hit 'submit'.
Apply online now
- To apply online, go to your chosen Master's or MPhil/PhD programme page and follow the link under 'Make your application' at the end of the page.
If you are awaiting test scores or references
- You can still submit your application if your IELTS/TOEFL scores or reference documents are not yet available: once you submit your application, we will send you a link to a portal where you can upload any missing documents.
- If you do this, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting your name and student reference number in the subject line telling us which documents you have just uploaded.
- If you are unable to upload your documents to the online system, you can scan and email your documents to email@example.com.
Need help with your application?
- Representatives from our International Office can offer you advice about studying at and applying to Birkbeck. Please feel free to contact us, or check our events calendar to find out if we are visitng your country.
- In certain countries we have approved agents that you can approach for informal advice on the equivalence of local qualifications and to help you with your application.