Undergraduate entry requirements
- Applicants from Tunisia who have completed the Tunisian Baccalauréat will normally require a Foundation course for entry onto undergraduate programmes at the university. These offer the opportunity for guaranteed progression onto Birkbeck’s Bachelor programmes.
- Applicants with the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma or A-levels will be considered for direct admission to our undergraduate degree programmes. IB requirements range from 28–30, depending on the course.
Postgraduate entry requirements
- For entry onto a Master’s degree, Birkbeck generally expects Tunisian applicants to have a good Tunisian Bachelor’s degree from a recognised university. Entry requirements will vary by course; please note that all applications are considered on an individual basis and students may be admitted to Master's programmes with a lower level degree if they have work experience relevant to the degree applied for.
- Please note that all applications are considered on an individual basis and students may be admitted to Master's programmes with a lower level degree if they have work experience relevant to the degree applied for.
- If you do not meet these criteria, you can apply for Birkbeck’s International Foundation Programme, which acts as a bridge between undergraduate and postgraduate study, preparing students to study a Master’s degree in the UK. There are progression pathways onto various courses at Birkbeck.
- Another option is the Master's Foundation programme, which is available for 2- or 3-term progression onto a wide range of Master’s degrees at Birkbeck.
- The grading scale for all qualifications ranges from 1–20, with 20 being the highest and 1 being the lowest as follows. In higher education institutions, Très bien (16–20) is rarely awarded:
- Tunisian degree classification:
- 16 (alternative name: Bien; English translation or equivalent: Very good 1st)
- 14 (alternative name: Assez bien/bien; English translation or equivalent: Good 2:1)
- 11 (alternative name: Passable/assez bien; English translation or equivalent: Quite good 2:2).
Research degrees entry requirements
- The usual entrance requirement for a research degree is a Master’s degree from a recognised university; schools may accept students with high grades in the undergraduate degree.
- Applicants are strongly urged to contact potential supervisors within the department before submitting a research application.
- Scholarships for students from Africa: Birkbeck is pleased to offer several scholarships to students from Africa who will be studying at either undergraduate or postgraduate level at Birkbeck during the 2016–2017 academic year.