Undergraduate entry requirements
- Applicants from Slovenia who have completed Matura Certificate/Secondary School Leaving Diploma can be considered for direct entry to an undergraduate course at Birkbeck.
- Applicants with the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma or A-levels will be considered for direct admission to our undergraduate degree programmes. IB requirements range from 28–30, depending on the course.
- Applicants who do not meet the minimum requirements can consider a Foundation course, which allows students the chance to progress onto Birkbeck’s Bachelor programmes.
- A-level AAA = 144 UCAS tariff points = comparable offer 5 (corresponding subject grades: A = 5)
- A-level AAB = 136 UCAS tariff points = comparable offer 5
- A-level ABB = 128 UCAS tariff points = comparable offer 4
- A-level BBB = 120 UCAS tariff points = comparable offer 4 (corresponding subject grades: B = 4)
- A-level BBC = 112 UCAS tariff points = comparable offer 4
- A-level BCC = 104 UCAS tariff points = comparable offer 3
- A-level CCC = 96 UCAS tariff points = comparable offer 3 (corresponding subject grades: C = 3).
Postgraduate entry requirements
- To be considered for direct entry to a Master's degree at Birkbeck, applicants from Slovenia would normally be required to have successfully completed a Bachelor’s degree from a recognised institution; the following qualifications are acceptable:
- Diploma o pridobljeni univerzitetni izobrazbi (University degree)
- Diplomant (Professionally oriented first-cycle degree)
- Univerzitetni diplomant (6-year academically oriented first-cycle degree)
- Please note that all applications are considered on an individual basis and students may be admitted to Master's programmes with a lower level degree if they have work experience relevant to the degree applied for.
- If you do not meet these criteria, you can apply for Birkbeck’s International Foundation Programme, which acts as a bridge between undergraduate and postgraduate study, preparing students to study a Master’s degree in the UK. There are progression pathways onto various courses at Birkbeck.
- Another option is the Master's Foundation programme, which is available for 2- or 3-term progression onto a wide range of Master’s degrees at Birkbeck.
- Marking is made on scale 1–10 (maximum) with 6 as the minimum pass-mark.
- Slovenian degree classification:
- 9.5 (English translation or equivalent: 1st)
- 8.5 (English translation or equivalent: 2:1)
- 7 (English translation or equivalent: 2:2).
Research degrees entry requirements
- The usual entrance requirement for a research degree is a Master’s degree from a recognised university; schools may accept students with high grades in the undergraduate degree.
- Applicants are strongly urged to contact potential supervisors within the department before submitting a research application.