Undergraduate entry requirements
- Applicants from Mongolia will normally require a Foundation course for entry onto undergraduate programmes at the university. These offer the opportunity for guaranteed progression onto Birkbeck’s Bachelor programmes.
- Applicants with the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma or A-levels will be considered for direct admission to our undergraduate degree programmes. IB requirements range from 28–30, depending on the course.
Postgraduate entry requirements
- To be considered eligible for entry onto a Master’s degree at Birkbeck, a student from Mongolia must have completed a Specialist Diploma with a grade of 4 or approximately 70/80%.
- Students with a Bachelor's Degree from Mongolia are not normally suitable for entry onto postgraduate degrees and must complete a UK Foundation Programme such as Birkbeck’s International Foundation Programme, which acts as a bridge between undergraduate and postgraduate study, preparing students to study a Master’s degree in the UK. There are progression pathways onto various courses at Birkbeck.
- Another option is the Master's Foundation programme, which is available for 2- or 3-term progression onto a wide range of Master’s degrees at Birkbeck.
Research degrees entry requirements
- The usual entrance requirement for a research degree is a Master’s degree from a recognised university.
- Applicants are strongly urged to contact potential supervisors within the department before submitting a research application.