Undergraduate entry requirements
- Applicants from Macedonia who have completed the Диплома за положен завршен испит (Secondary School Leaving Diploma) or the Државната матура (Matura) can be considered for direct entry to an undergraduate course at Birkbeck. Marking is made on the scale 1–5 (maximum), with 2 as the minimum pass-mark.
- Applicants with the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma or A-levels will be considered for direct admission to our undergraduate degree programmes. IB requirements range from 28–30, depending on the course.
- Applicants who do not meet the minimum requirements can consider a Foundation course, which allows students the chance to progress onto Birkbeck’s Bachelor programmes.
- A-level AAA = 144 UCAS tariff points = comparable offer 5 (corresponding subject grades: A=5 (Одличен/Excellent))
- A-level AAB = 136 UCAS tariff points = comparable offer 4.5
- A-level ABB = 128 UCAS tariff points = comparable offer 4.2
- A-level BBB = 120 UCAS tariff points = comparable offer 4 (corresponding subject grades: B=4 (Многу добар/Very Good))
- A-level BBC = 112 UCAS tariff points = comparable offer 3.8
- A-level BCC = 104 UCAS tariff points = comparable offer 3.6
- A-level CCC = 96 UCAS tariff points = comparable offer 3.4 (corresponding subject grades: C=3 (Добар/Good)).
Postgraduate entry requirements
- To be considered for entry onto a Master’s degree at Birkbeck, a student from Macedonia must have completed a Bachelor’s degree (Дипломиран/Баццалауреус/Баццалауреа) from a recognised university.
- Please note that all applications are considered on an individual basis and students may be admitted to Master's programmes with a lower level degree if they have work experience relevant to the degree applied for.
- If you do not meet these criteria, you can apply for Birkbeck’s International Foundation Programme, which acts as a bridge between undergraduate and postgraduate study, preparing students to study a Master’s degree in the UK. There are progression pathways onto various courses at Birkbeck.
- Another option is the Master's Foundation programme, which is available for 2- or 3-term progression onto a wide range of Master’s degrees at Birkbeck.
- Macedonian degree classification:
- 10 (English translation or equivalent: 1st)
- 9 (English translation or equivalent: 2:1)
- 8 (English translation or equivalent: 2:2).
Research degrees entry requirements
- The usual entrance requirement for a research degree is a Master’s degree from a recognised university; schools may accept students with high grades in the undergraduate degree.
- Applicants are strongly urged to contact potential supervisors within the department before submitting a research application.