Undergraduate entry requirements
- Applicants from Lithuania who have completed the Brandos Atestatas (Certificate of Maturity) from a gymnasium or secondary school when awarded after 2 years of upper secondary education can be considered for direct entry to an undergraduate course at Birkbeck, if they have achieved a minimum overall score of 8/10.
- Applicants with the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma or A-levels will be considered for direct admission to our undergraduate degree programmes. IB requirements range from 28–30, depending on the course.
- Applicants who do not meet the minimum requirements can consider a Foundation course, which allows students the chance to progress onto Birkbeck’s Bachelor programmes.
- A-level AAA = 144 UCAS tariff points = comparable offer 95% (corresponding subject grade: A = 9)
- A-level AAB = 136 UCAS tariff points = comparable offer 95%
- A-level ABB = 128 UCAS tariff points = comparable offer 90%
- A-level BBB = 120 UCAS tariff points = comparable offer 85% (corresponding subject grade: B = 8)
- A-level BBC = 112 UCAS tariff points = comparable offer 80%
- A-level BCC = 104 UCAS tariff points = comparable offer 75%
- A-level CCC = 96 UCAS tariff points = comparable offer 70% (corresponding subject grade: C = 7).
Postgraduate entry requirements
- To be considered for entry onto a Master’s degree at Birkbeck, a student from Lithuania must have completed a Bachelor’s degree/post-2000 Bakalauro Diplomas/Bachelor’s degree OR a pre-2000 Magistro Diplomas. Post-2002 Magistro Diplomas are considered from a recognised university.
- Please note that all applications are considered on an individual basis and students may be admitted to Master's programmes with a lower level degree if they have work experience relevant to the degree applied for.
- If you do not meet these criteria, you can apply for Birkbeck’s International Foundation Programme, which acts as a bridge between undergraduate and postgraduate study, preparing students to study a Master’s degree in the UK. There are progression pathways onto various courses at Birkbeck.
- Another option is the Master's Foundation programme, which is available for 2- or 3-term progression onto a wide range of Master’s degrees at Birkbeck.
- Scale for both Magistro and Bakalaur:
- Lithuanian degree classification:
- 10 point evaluation: 10; 5 point evaluation: 5- (English translation or equivalent: Excellent = 1st)
- 10 point evaluation: 8-9; 5 point evaluation: 4 (English translation or equivalent: Good = 2:1)
- 10 point evaluation: 6-7; 5 point evaluation: 4- (English translation or equivalent: Highly satisfactory = 2:2).
Research degrees entry requirements
- The usual entrance requirement for a research degree is a Master’s degree from a recognised university; schools may accept students with high grades in the undergraduate degree.
- Applicants are strongly urged to contact potential supervisors within the department before submitting a research application.