Undergraduate entry requirements
- Applicants from Belarus who have completed the Атэстат аб агульнай сярэдняй адукацыi (Certificate of General Secondary Education) will normally require a Foundation course for entry onto undergraduate programmes at the university. These offer the opportunity for guaranteed progression onto Birkbeck’s Bachelor programmes.
- Applicants with the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma or A-levels will be considered for direct admission to our undergraduate degree programmes. IB requirements range from 28–30, depending on the course.
Postgraduate entry requirements
- Applicants from Belarus who need a good Bachelor's degree/Specialist Diploma with the following score:
- For courses requiring a 2:1 – a score of 7–8.9 (post-2003) or 4/5 and above (pre-2003)
- For courses requiring a 2:2 – a score of 5–6.9 (post-2003) or 3.5/5 and above (pre-2003).
- Relevant work experience may also be considered for students whose GPAs are slightly below the preferred requirements.
- If you do not meet these criteria, you can apply for Birkbeck’s International Foundation Programme, which acts as a bridge between undergraduate and postgraduate study, preparing students to study a Master’s degree in the UK. There are progression pathways onto various courses at Birkbeck.
- Another option is the Master's Foundation programme, which is available for 2- or 3-term progression onto a wide range of Master’s degrees at Birkbeck.
Research degrees entry requirements
- For entry onto research degree courses students should normally have a Master’s degree from a reputable university.
- Applicants are strongly urged to contact potential supervisors within the department before submitting a research application.