Lecturer in Political Theory
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7631 6664
About Jorg Spieker
- The relationship between political order, life and war
- War in social and political thought
- Theories of international relations
- The (bio-)politics of security
- Global liberal governance and failed states
- 'Defending the Open Society: Foucault, Hayek and the Problem of Biopolitical Order', Economy & Society, forthcoming 2013.
- ‘Foucault and Hobbes on Politics, Security and War’, Alternatives: Global, Local, Political, Vol. 36, No. 3, August 2011, pp. 187-199.
- ‘Hobbes, War, Movement’ (with Leonie Ansems de Vries), Global Society, Vol. 23, No.4 (2009), pp. 453-474.
- Political Transformations (undergraduate)
- War and Modern Society (undergraduate)
- Political Sociology (postgraduate)
- War, Politics and Society (postgraduate)