The Executive Dean, Professor Patricia Tuitt, welcomes you to the School of Law website:
For students wishing to immerse themselves in all that academic study has to offer and for academics looking to engage with sociolegal research, the School offers much:
Our research culture
- Writer-in-residence programme
- Law on Trial
- Leverhulme Lectures 2012-13
- Dynamic programme of events
- Reading groups
- Faculty work in progress seminars
- Birkbeck Law Press
- Law and Critique
Our dynamic portfolio of courses
- Certificate-level programmes in Legal Methods, Legal Studies, and Criminology
- Our part-time triple-track LLB or LLM qualifying law degree programme.
- Full-time LLB law degree by evening study alone.
- Master's level, including our flagship programmes in Human Rights and International Economic Law, Justice and Development and our MRes (Postgrad Diploma in Research).
- Research (MPhil/PhD) degrees
- Quality Assurance and curriculum development
Our community of scholars
Our support staff
In 2012, we will be celebrating our twentieth anniversary and look forward to continued growth.