Undergraduate entry requirements
- Applicants from Russia would be expected to have completed one year of a Bakalavr/Specialist Diploma at a recognised university with an average grade of at least 4/5 OR a recognised undergraduate Foundation course, which allows students the chance to progress onto Birkbeck’s Bachelor programmes.
- Applicants with the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma or A-levels will be considered for direct admission to our undergraduate degree programmes. IB requirements range from 28 to 30, depending on the course.
Postgraduate entry requirements
- To be considered for direct entry to a Master's degree at Birkbeck, you will normally be required to have successfully completed a Bakalavr/Specialist Diploma from a recognised university with a minimum final grade of 3.5 for programmes requiring a UK 2:2, or 4.0 for programmes requiring a UK 2:1.
- Please note that all applications are considered on an individual basis and you may be admitted to a Master's programme with a lower-level degree if you have work experience relevant to the degree applied for.
- If you do not meet these criteria, you can apply for Birkbeck’s International Foundation Programme, which acts as a bridge between undergraduate and postgraduate study, preparing students to study a Master’s degree in the UK. There are progression pathways onto various courses at Birkbeck.
- Another option is the Master's Foundation programme, which is available for 2- or 3-term progression onto a wide range of Master’s degrees at Birkbeck.
- The grading scale ranges from 1 to 5, with 5 being the highest and 1 being the lowest. Where transcripts do not have a final GPA listed, the below should be used to calculate the average.
- The Russian degree grading scale is as follows:
- 5 (alternative name: Excellent; English translation or equivalent: 1st)
- 4 (alternative name: Good; English translation or equivalent: 2:1)
- 3 (alternative name: Satisfactory (a pass); English translation or equivalent: 2:2)
- 2 (alternative name: Unsatisfactory/fail)
- 1 (alternative name: Unsatisfactory/fail).
Research degrees entry requirements
- The usual entrance requirement for a research degree is a Specialist Diploma from a recognised university with exceptional grades (mostly 5/5); Magistr from a recognised university with a maximum final grade of 4/5; Kandidat Nauk.
- Applicants are strongly urged to contact potential supervisors within the department before submitting a research application.
Find out about our international scholarships.
Contact us in Russia
- Students International - Moscow
115054, Russia, Moscow
Schipok Str 20, office 306-308
tel: +7 495 956 1576/1575 ext. 112
- Students International - Saint Petersburg
197376, Russia, St Petersburg, Chapygina Str 6, business-centre "TV-Polis"
tel: +7 812 322 14 38
- I-Class Education Group - Saint Petersburg
3 Malyi Prospekt, Petrogradskaia storona
St. Petersburg, Russia
tel: +7 812 244 99 64