Undergraduate entry requirements
- Applicants from Myanmar who have taken the Basic Education Standard X Examination/Matriculation Examination will normally require a Foundation course for entry onto undergraduate programmes at the University. These offer the opportunity for guaranteed progression onto Birkbeck’s Bachelor programmes.
- Students who have completed Year 1 or Year 2 of a local degree with a minimum mark of 70% would be eligible to apply directly to Year 1 of an undergraduate degree.
- Applicants with the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma or A-levels will be considered for direct admission to our undergraduate degree programmes. IB requirements range from 28 to 30, depending on the course.
Postgraduate entry requirements
- Applicants from Myanmar need to have completed a good Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree from a recognised institution.
- If you do not meet these criteria, you can apply for Birkbeck’s International Foundation Programme, which acts as a bridge between undergraduate and postgraduate study, preparing students to study a Master’s degree in the UK. There are progression pathways onto various courses at Birkbeck.
- Another option is the Master's Foundation programme, which is available for two- or three-term progression onto a wide range of Master’s degrees at Birkbeck.
- Myanmar's grading systems:
- A/A+ (percentage: 70-100%; 5-point: 4.5-5.0; 4-point: 4; English translation or equivalent: 1st)
- B+/A- (percentage: 60-69%; 5-point: 3.5-4.49; 4-point: 3; English translation or equivalent: 2:1)
- B-/B (percentage: 50-59%; 5-point: 2.5-3.49; 4-point: 2; English translation or equivalent: 2:2).
Research degrees entry requirements
- To be considered for entry to a research degree, applicants must have successfully completed a Master's degree from a recognised institution.
- Applicants are strongly urged to contact potential supervisors within the department before submitting a research application.
Find out about our international scholarships.