Undergraduate entry requirements
- Applicants from Armenia will normally require a Foundation course for entry onto undergraduate programmes at the University. These offer the opportunity for guaranteed progression onto Birkbeck’s Bachelor programmes.
- Applicants with the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma or A-levels will be considered for direct admission to our undergraduate degree programmes. IB requirements range from 28 to 30, depending on the course.
Postgraduate entry requirements
- A minimum of a Bakalavri Kochum but more often a Magistrosi Kochum is required for applicants from Armenia. A score of 80-89% or 3.50 from a well-ranked public institution is considered comparable to a UK 2:1, while a score of 70-79% or 3.00 is considered comparable to a UK 2:2.
- Relevant work experience may also be considered for students whose GPAs are slightly below the preferred requirements.
- If you do not meet these criteria, you can apply for Birkbeck’s International Foundation Programme, which acts as a bridge between undergraduate and postgraduate study, preparing students to study a Master’s degree in the UK. There are progression pathways onto various courses at Birkbeck.
- Another option is the Master's Foundation programme, which is available for two- or three-term progression onto a wide range of Master’s degrees at Birkbeck.
Research degrees entry requirements
- The usual entrance requirement for a research degree is a Master's degree from a UK university or recognised university in Armenia.
- Applicants are strongly urged to contact potential supervisors within the department before submitting a research application.
Find out about our international scholarships.