Title of thesis
- Practical Solidarity: Connections between Swedish Social Democratic women and women in the ANC, 1960-1994
- My research explores the impact of transnational connections between women in the international anti-apartheid movement, with a particular emphasis on women in the Swedish Social Democratic party and women in the ANC. I'm interested in uncovering the historical impact of informal transnational relationships in national and international settings, and ideas about gender and equality within the organisations and the movement that surrounded them.
- I'm also interested in the history of international socialism, social democracy and socialist politicians, women's and feminist movements, international cooperation and activism.
- I'm a co-convenor of Birkbeck’s research student seminar series in 2013, a research student representative, and editor of http://birkbeckhistoryphd.org
- 'Women in the international anti-apartheid movement: Sweden and South Africa' Birkbeck HCA Graduate Research Day, November 2012
Honours and awards
- My research is funded by an AHRC studentship