How to add your events to this events calendar
This events calendar is designed to help to promote all public events run by Birkbeck staff (i.e. lectures, conferences, film screenings, workshops, book launches, etc.). Please note: this events calendar should not be used to promote individual courses or training workshops, as both of these should be listed instead on the relevant course listings.
If you would like to use this calendar to promote your school / department / research centre’s events, then you can add your event details yourself, following these steps:
- Make sure you have the following details to hand (as a minimum): event title, location, start/end times, link for further information, contact name and email.
- On our events calendar overview, simply select ‘Add an event’ on the right-hand side of the page.
- Login using your ITS username and password.
- You should then see the ‘Add BBKEvent’ form. You need to add your event details, as follows:
- Title of event
- Event location (use the full address)
- Event start and end dates/times (you will need to specify the times in each case by using the AM/PM functions)
- Event description: this should consist of a couple of paragraphs at most, giving visitors a succinct overview of the event you are promoting (more detailed information should be available on your site).
- Attendees: you can leave this box empty, but sometimes people use it to say who their speakers are going to be.
- Event url: this is the link for more information if that is available on your local school/department/research centre website.
- Contact name/email/phone: we would suggest you include this information, in case someone wants to contact you for further information.
- Booking details: this is a dropdown list, where you can select the type of attendance for your event.
- Event image: you will need to select an image from the image library to go with your event. If you can’t find a suitable image, then please contact Xavier Inverarity (firstname.lastname@example.org).