Aspiring female Professor/Manager – what can aspiring female professors/managers learn from those who have got there?
Venue: Room 102 - 30 Russell Square, London
Booking details: Free entry; booking required
In collaboration with Athena SWAN, TRIGGER is holding a Networking & Panel Event.
This event is designed to inspire aspiring female professors and managers through hearing about the experiences of professors and directors. The panel’s speakers will reflect on what inspired them to become a professor/director and what their aspirations now are as a professor/director. Topics discussed by the panellists will include career progression, aspirations & current and future career purpose.
Panel Chair: Belinda Brookes Gordon
1. Sarah Hart (Birkbeck):
2. Simona Immarino (LSE):
Simona is Head of Department and Professor of Economic Geography at the LSE Department of Geography & Environment.
3. Eleanor Mongey (Birkbeck):
Eleanor is Head of Student Service at Birkbeck College and ASTREA network member.
4. Sarah Winmill (UCL):
Sarah is Director of IT for Professional Service at UCL as well as Chair of the UCL Astrea network.
|2.30pm||Registration & Networking|
|3pm||Foreword & Welcome Nick Keep|
JEANNE LE ROUX
Attendees ('Who should come', 'Birkbeck staff (Academics and Professional services)', 'Birkbeck students', 'Universities in London e.g. UCL, Soas, IoE, Hygiene and Tropical Medicine.', 'Academics aspiring to become professors') Further details: More information about this event …
School/department website http://www.bbk.ac.uk/trigger/news/networking-panel-event-28th-june-2016
- Department of Geography
- Department of Psychological Sciences
- Birkbeck Centre for Innovation Management Research
- Dept of Psychological Sciences
- Department of Management
- School of Science
- Dept of Management
- Dept of Computer Science and Information Systems
- Dept of Biological Sciences
- Dept of Earth and Planetary Sciences
- Dept of Geography, Environment and Development Studies
- School of Business, Economics and Informatics
- Dept of Economics, Mathematics and Statistics
- Department of Economics, Mathematics and Statistics
- Learning, education and development
- Science and biomedicine
- Department of Earth and Planetary Sciences
- Birkbeck Institute for Gender and Sexuality Studies