Dr. Adrian S. Wisnicki
BA (Chicago), MA (Virginia), PhD (City U. of New York)
About Dr Wisnicki
Dr. Wisnicki’s research explores the production of nineteenth-century literature in the context of Empire and British-European political relations.
- His first monograph, Conspiracy, Revolution, and Terrorism from Victorian Fiction to the Modern Novel (2008), was published by Routledge and has received favorable reviews in Romanticism and Victorianism on the Net, Review of English Studies, and The Oscholars.
- His new monograph, Fieldwork of Empire, which is near completion, explores the role of intercultural dynamics in the development of Victorian colonial literature and discourse.
- Articles have appeared or are forthcoming in Victorian Studies, Victorian Literature and Culture, Studies in Travel Writing, Journal of Colonialism and Colonial History, History in Africa and Pynchon Notes.
Research projects and roles
- Dr. Wisnicki has also recently begun work on a collaborative digital edition of David Livingstone’s final exploration diaries (1869-73). Read about how this project team have revealed the contents of one of Livingstone's 'lost' letters.
- He currently serves as a research consultant for Livingstone Online.