The London Renaissance Seminar meets at Birkbeck regularly to discuss the literature, culture and history of the English Renaissance. It is free and welcomes all students, academics and people with an interest in the Renaissance or early modern period.
- October 13, 2007: Tolerance and Intolerance
Speakers included: Justin Champion, Sue Mendus, Blair Worden
- Nov 3, 2007: Performance
Speakers include: Pascale Aebischer, Bridget Escolme
- Nov 23-4, 2007 Conference: Britains Icons: Writing, Images and Cultural Signs 1450-1670
- January 19, 2008: Colonialism and Travel
Speakers include Susan Castillo, Jesse Edwards, Peter Hulme, Gerald MacLean.
- March 8, 2008: Life Writings
Speakers include Marie-Louise Coolahan, Kate Hodgkin, Adam Smyth.
- May 17, 2008 Summer Panel: The Renaissance in the Twenty-first Century
- May 16, 2009: Classical Rome in the Renaissance Imagination
- December 5, 2009: The Conways of Ragley: Courtiers and Collectors, 1564-1655
- 23 October 2010: Persia in the Early Modern Period: “Chiefe of Empires”?
- 12 February 2011: Ben Jonson Now
- January 21, 2012: New Directions in Tudor Drama
Speakers: Andy Kesson(University of Kent), Mike Pincombe (Newcastle University), Chloe Porter (King’s College London), and Eleanor Rycroft (Lancaster University).
- 20 October 2012: Articulating the Renaissance Text
- 24 November 2012: Honey-tongued Shakespeare? Venus and Adonis and Lucrece, Style and Reception
- 1 and 2 February 2013: Renaissance Men in the Middle Temple