Most of the information for your course - including detailed module information, timetables and reading lists - can be found in your programme handbook. Use the tabs on the left to find information for your course.
|Student support services
Online Learning Platform
- Get access to online learning materials, communicate with your fellow students, access online assessment and many other features.
- How to login and get started
Department of English and Humanities' library
- You can borrow from the Department of English and Humanities library, which has an excellent and continually expanding collection of literary reference books and essential texts.
- Ask our course contacts about borrowing arrangements.
Other libraries you can use
- University of London library: you will find this library on the fourth floor of Senate House, next door to Birkbeck. This is one of the best university libraries in the UK, and we are very fortunate in having such immediate access to it. As the principal library resource serving the whole university, this is an extremely comprehensive collection, with outstanding provision for Humanities and a very wide range of periodicals.
- British Library: National collection in the humanities, sciences and social sciences - reference only.
- Other libraries you will be able to access.
Learning support in the department
Reading and seminar groups
- We provide seminar rooms, funding (currently £250 annually) and advice for a wide range of student-led reading and seminar groups.
- If you want to talk to someone about applying for this funding, please get in touch with our course contacts.
Other student support at Birkbeck
Information related to your courses