Workshop: People and Performance
This workshop aims to provide participants with the opportunity and skills to:
- critically evaluate approaches to managing performance
- review their own development as managers and effectively plan for the future
- consider the benefits and limitations of teams in organisations and how to create high-performing teams
- By the end of the day participants should be able to:
- Identify key issues in people management and development.
- Prepare and utilise a personal development plan.
- Recognise when teamwork is appropriate and what makes it effective.
- Consider the key factors in setting up and developing a cohesive team.
- Experience and understand how individual contributions impact on team performance.
Key topics covered
- Managing performance
- Managing your own development
- Understanding your learning style
- Benefits and limitations of teamwork
- Recognising and creating effective teams
- The day is structured as a combination of presentations, handouts, practical group exercises, and a series of follow-up readings and activities.